If you are doing U9-U11 games then please review these guidelines.
Heading of the ball for U9-U11
No intentional heading of the balls is allowed for U9-U11. If someone deliberately heads the ball, then the restart is an Indirect Free Kick. There shall be no cards given for any sort of heading of the ball on U9-U11. The players are not committing a foul. We are penalizing the players to satisfy a condition of a law regarding the heading of the ball.
Using Build Out Line for U9-U10
Please be proactive and communicate with the attackers to retrieve behind the Build Out Line before the release of the ball.
We use 8 yards for minimum distance from the ball for any sort of Direct or indirect free kicks.
Build Out Line is halfway between the halfway line and the top of the penalty area and should be marked.
Build Out line is used ONLY for:
1. Goal Kicks.
2. When the keeper picks up the ball during dynamic play.
GK has ball in his/her hands during dynamic play
• The opposing team must move behind the build out line until the ball is put into play.
• GK can pass (place ball on ground and kick it), throw, or roll the ball into play.
• The GK can put the ball in play whether or not the opponents are behind the line, but must accept the consequences of this action.
• Ball is in play when the keeper releases or kicks it. The ball does not have to leave the penalty area in order for it to be considered in play.
• The opposing team must move behind the build out line until the ball is put into play. Restart: retake.
• The kicker can put the ball in play whether or not the opponents are behind the line, but must accept the consequences of this action.
• Ball does not have to exit the penalty area to be considered “in play”. Restart: Retake the goal kick.
• On Goal Kicks, goal keeper may kick the ball to a teammate that is inside of the penalty area. Once the ball is kicked and moves on a Goal Kick then the attackers may crash the line.
• There is NO penalty if the player kicks the ball in the air over the center line at any time.
Punts/Drop Kicks not allowed
• If the GK punts/drop kicks the ball, an Indirect Free Kick should be awarded to the opposition at the spot of the offense.
• If this is in the Goal Area, the Indirect Free Kick (IFK) should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the nearest point to where the infringement occurred. Opponents must be 8 yards away or on the goal line BETWEEN the goalposts.
• Do not caution GK for persistent infringement if they do this multiple time, UNLESS the referee deems it a tactic to delay the game, at which point the GK may be given a caution.
• The build out line will also be used to denote where offside offenses can be called.
• Players cannot be penalized for an offside offense between the halfway line and the build out line.
• Players can be penalized for an offside offense between the build out line and goal line.
Substitutions are UNLIMITED and allowed at ANY STOPPAGE at the discretion of the referee.
Good Luck and Have Fun!