U8 One-Day Tournament Information and Rules of Play
(see also http://www.castrovalleysoccer.com/tournaments/footiefest/915185.html for general footie fest rules)
- U8 (2009 birthyear): 5 v 5 (4 and Goalie).
- Games will be two 15-minute halves with 5-minute break. Please make sure that your team is ready to play at the scheduled time and clears the field immediately after the end of the game.
- All games will be played on a U8 appropriate size field. General guidelines are 40x30, but sometimes can be slightly smaller or larger.
- Games will be scheduled on Saturday for Boys, Sunday for Girls - each team needs to play all games scheduled in the day. Each team will have at least three (3) games.
- All teams will need USCS player passes and a printed roster in order to play.
- Kick In's replace throw in's. Put the ball on the floor and pass it in. Opposition mustn't stand directly in front of passer (stand approximately five yards back). A kick in happens after the ball goes out of bounds on the side of the field.
- Goal Kicks - GK to take kicks from anywhere inside the Arc. The GK can either roll the ball out, or place it on the floor and pass it (No punts). A goal kick happens after the offensive team kicks the ball off the field, behind the opponent's goal. Opposition mustn't stand directly in front of GK (stand approximately five yards back).
- Corner Kicks - Taken from the corner of the field. A corner kick occurs after the defending team kicks the ball behind their own goal. Opposition mustn't stand directly in front (stand approximately five yards back).
- Goalkeeper Arc - Only the GK is allowed in the arc. If GK gets the ball, he must either roll the ball out, or put the ball down in the Arc and pass out. No punting.
- If another player enters the arc, play is restarted with a goal kick (offensive player inside the arc), or a corner kick (defending player inside the arc). GK are allowed to leave the Arc.
- No offside enforced.
- Either team may substitute on any stoppage, subject to the coaches’ discretion.
- One referee for each game.
- 10 POINT SYSTEM: 6 points for a win, 3 points for a tie, 1 point for shut out, 1 point per goal (up to 3)
- TIE BREAKERS: 1-head to head competition, 2-goal differential, 3-goals for, 4–goals against, 5- coin toss
- COACHES ARE EXPECTED TO WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE THE GAME RUN SMOOTHLY FOR THE ENJOYMENT AND SAFETY OF ALL INVOLVED 'HONOR THE GAME!'
- Registration: $195 per team. Includes tournament T-shirt for each player!
If you have any other questions, please contact the Footie Fest Tournament Chairperson, Lourdes Navarrete at 510-432-8116 or firstname.lastname@example.org