Program: TOP Soccer
Cost - $50
Uniform - Provided by Castro Valley Soccer Club
Location - Stonebrae Elementary School.
Register - HERE
TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a recreational sports program for children and adults with intellectual, emotional, or physical disabilities offered only through local US Youth Soccer-affiliated soccer clubs. CVSC TOPSoccer provides people with diverse abilities an opportunity to play soccer in a structured environment that is safe, fun, supportive, and inclusive.
The unique thing about TOPSoccer is that each program is different and is created around the needs of the participants. Additionally, TOPSoccer athletes are placed on teams according to ability, not age.
- Length of program is determined by the organizer
- Playing rules: Rules are created to fit specific needs and use the US Youth Soccer Under-6, Under-8 or Under-10 guidelines
- For those athletes not able to participate due to medical reasons, there is a skills program that is rewarding, challenging and fun.
- Variety of choices: Small-sided games (3 v 3, 4 v 4, 8 v 8, etc.), full-sided games (11v11), unified teams (ratio of challenged athletes to non-challenged athletes), indoor programs outdoor program, camp, skills only
- Above all... we aim to keep it simple... KEEP IT FUN!
Benefits for Participants
- SOCIAL SKILLS - Players interact with their volunteer buddy and other athletes in a fun, group setting and learn proper social behaviors.
- TEAMWORK - Players learn to trust someone else and rely on them through soccer activities and games.
- PERSEVERANCE - Players might encounter difficulties with activities, but they will be encouraged to keep trying and overcome challenges.
- CONFIDENCE - Players will achieve success on the field that carries over to their lives off the field in so many ways!
Why do we need a TOPSoccer Program?
TOPSoccer was formed to perpetuate the US Youth Soccer mission statement which is, in part, "to foster the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of America's youth through the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition." There are thousands of children with disabilities who need and can be provided with the opportunity to play soccer through the TOPSoccer program.