Program: U5-6 (2019-2018) Grasshoppers
Engaging children in a safe, fun and rewarding environment
It is essential that young players are exposed to a high quality experience that is designed to meet their needs. This will be their first experience of playing soccer in an organized environment, which can be the deciding factor for whether they fall in love with sport or not. This initiation phase allows children to discover the game at their own speed and creates a positive experience with an emphasis on fun and enjoyment.
What does the child need at this stage?
The key to providing a high quality experience is understanding the needs of 4-6 year old children. Through understanding the stage of development they are at, and how they see the world, we can create a positive coaching and playing environment. Remember, we are developing the person and not just the player.
Cost - $240, includes CVSC Grasshopper T-shirt, Adidas shorts and socks, soccer ball
Location - TBD
DISCOVERY Development Stage II: Playful Technical Training - Foundation Phase 1’
Playing Format: U5/6 = 2v2 - 5v5 without goalkeepers
Games: 2 x 15 mins or 3 x 10 mins
U5 Objective(s): ‘Movement Exploration & Ball Discovery’
- ‘Me and my movement skills’ - Players discover (explore/experiment) fundamental movement skills
- ‘Me and my ball’ - Players discover (explore/experiment) how to manipulate a ball with both hands and feet
- ‘Me and my friends’ - Players are introduced to parallel and associative play
U6 Objective(s): ‘Dribbling & Shooting’
- ‘Me and my movement skills’ - Players develop fundamental movement skills
- ‘Me and my ball’ - Players develop eye-hand and eye-foot coordination
- ‘Me and my ball’ - Players are introduced to fundamental soccer skills with the ball
- ‘Me and my teammate' - Players are introduced to cooperative play without structured team play
- U5/6 = 1 x 60 min session, 1 Saturday game per week
- U5-6 teams are led by volunteer coaches with the assistance and support of 24-7 professional staff on training days.